What is Ectodermal Dysplasia

First signs of Ectodermal dysplasia (ED)

What can ozED do for me?

Why do I need to join ozED to access pages?

FAQ Ectodermal Dysplasia

Q. Am I entitled to careers payment with centrelink?

A. Yes. you are entitled to a careers allowance with centrelink when you or your child are diagnosed with Ectodermal dysplasia (ED). Letters from your pediatrician support a diagnosis as Ectodermal dysplasia is a recognised disability.

Q. What is Cleft Palate Program and Am I entitled to it?

A. Yes. The Cleft Palate Program is a program that individuals with ED can access to receive free dental services. To be entitled to the program you need to be diagnosed with ED, and generally your dentist will assist in completing the forms required to access the program. Be sure to ask your dentist if they can assist. There are conditions surrounding the cleft palate program such as registering prior to years of age. For further information regarding this program you can speak to your local medicare office. 

Even though most ED individuals do not present with Cleft Palate, when ED was recognised as a disability the government included ED on the cleft palate program.

Q. Am I entitled to NDIS funding

A. Unfortunately this is a grey area & there is no clear cut answer to question. Each individual’s specific needs for assistance are different & the NDIS program does not follow 1 set of rules. We can only suggest speaking with your GP / Pediatrician & applying to the NDIS office to see if you are eligible. We have in our support group some families that have been successful & won’t mind sharing their stories & would be willing to provide assistance.

Mates with ED

What can i do to help my Friend with ED

Click edit button to change this text. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Ut elit tellus, luctus nec ullamcorper mattis, pulvinar dapibus leo.






Scroll to top